Thursday, March 28, 2013

Missing another FNM

With it being Easter weekend and all, we're packing up the SUV, and meeting up with the in-laws.  5 hours in the care with a 3 year old who's watching Dora, Diego, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Blues Clues on repeat...which means no FNM for me #sadface, yes I just typed out a hashtag in a blog post #hashtag.  So last week was ok, 2-2 with the aristocrats, I think its time to change, so here are a couple of my upcoming deck brews I want to try...

This first deck, I really feel like for sideboard I want another Sigarda, at least two Obzedat's, a blind obedience, and some O-rings.  What are your thoughts?  I haven't really built a sideboard into this, but would love to hear more thoughts on it.

Main Deck 1


Main Deck
60 cards
4   Sunpetal Grove
4   Temple Garden
3   Plains
10 Forest
1   Gavony Township

22 lands

Arbor Elf
Avacyn's Pilgrim
Strangleroot Geist
Loxodon Smiter
Centaur Healer
Silverblade Paladin
Restoration Angel
Sublime Archangel
Wolfir Silverheart
Sigarda, Host of Herons

31 creatures
Rancor
Selesnya Charm

7 other spells



The second deck is one that I cannot take any credit for, its Gavin Verhey's "Everybody Lives" deck from an article on the mothership this week.  I'm not going to plagiarize his work but man, what a great article, this deck looks fast and nasty and I like it a lot!  This is a deck I want to run, and I can get behind it, it seems to be a lot of economy (except for the shocklands) and main staple for most standard players.  With the rotation on the horizon (trust me, October will be here before we know it), I really want to play some more Innistrad block cards. 


Main Deck 2

Main Deck
60 cards
4  Godless Shrine
4  Isolated Chapel
6  Plains
5  Swamp

19 lands

4  Blood Artist
4  Boros Elite
3  Cartel Aristocrat
4  Champion of the Parish
4  Diregraf Ghoul
3  Doomed Traveler
4  Dryad Militant
4  Gravecrawler
4  Rakdos Cackler

34 creatures




1  Blind Obedience
3  Immortal Servitude
3  Orzhov Charm

7 other spells


That's all for now, keep slinging and also thanks to all the new traffic from the Magic the Gathering Google+ group!


No comments:

Post a Comment