Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Don't look now, but you're losing

So I took FNM off last week, as I could only get a hall pass for one night/day of gaming.  I knew I wanted to hit Gameday because those full art cards are just so damned sexy.  I took my Big Red deck from my last post and it was a totally different run, I wound up 1-3 thanks to a round 4 bye.  I just could get any synergy going, it was either flood or no mana, I didn't change a thing.  And it wasn't like it was a fun set of losses, we were done fast most rounds so I just sit around and wait, which really sucks.  It's a lot more fun to lose and put up a fight, but when you got nothing, it's just misery.

So I decided to dust off and start from scratch, taking a cue and trying out Harry Bradford's G/R Aggro from the SCG Classic in Albany last weekend.  So far in playtesting it seems to work well.  I'm gonna take it to FNM this week and see what I can come up with.  Next week I'll be back home in Arkansas, maybe try to hit up one of my old LGS's and see what I can do in a different meta.  So what are you playing?  Anything besides the obvious big hitters out of M14?  Let me know.

Oh and Bryan Fry, if you're reading this, I miss your podcast, none of the other standard casts are as good.

Maindeck:

Creatures
4 Arbor Elf
2 Elvish Mystic
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Ghor-Clan Rampager
4 Hellrider
3 Scavenging Ooze
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Thundermaw Hellkite

Planeswalkers
4 Domri Rade

Sorceries
3 Mizzium Mortars

Basic Lands
9 Forest
6 Mountain

Lands
1 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Stomping Ground

Sideboard:
3 Burning Earth
4 Volcanic Strength
2 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
2 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Flames of the Firebrand
2 Pillar of Flame

1 comment: